THE PROPOSED AFRICAN SUPER LEAGUE IS THE WAY TO GO, SAYS BLOGGER UZE.
African football blogger Kel Uze believes that the proposed AFRICAN SUPER LEAGUE by FIFA president Giani Infatino is the way forward to develop African football , despite it being rejected in Europe.
“The AFRICAN SUPER LEAGUE can be a good thing for Africa if the following is done.
1. We can have 20 top clubs in what we will call AFRICAN SUPER LEAGUE first Division. (Set a standard, clubs must have an ultra modern stadium and a stable financial muscle to compete in this league.)
2. We should also have a second African super league division for 20 more small clubs.
3. The top clubs are not guaranteed a permanent slot in the elite AFRICAN LEAGUE meaning that they can be relegated and small clubs be promoted.
4. Domestic leagues can continue and will be used as qualification to AFRICAN SUPER LEAGUE’s first and second division. (Each season we can have clubs promoted and others relegated)
5. Do away with CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE and CONFEDERATIONS CUP. (They have failed to gunner a good following on the world market)
This is the only way African football can grow a wide audience and become competitive.
Imagine Sundowns Vs AL AHLY playing every weekend and second tier clubs also battling for promotion to the top flight league.
Let Africa have one major league, forget about what’s happening in Europe, this could be a good thing for African football. “
Your thoughts ?